- JFD expands leadership team
- JFD wins multi-million pound lifeboat contract
- Visit JFD at UI 2016
- JFD launches COBRA
- JFD wins £193m Indian Navy contract
- JFD launches pioneering medial training course
- JFD exhibiting at UDT 2016
- JFD partners with Subtech for training courses
- JFD invests in popular course
- JFD committed to efficiency improvements
- NHC delivers successful Client Rep course in South Africa
- Specialist provider of diving equipment becomes part of JFD
- Pelican Summer 2016 released
- JFD launches new website
- NHC Training agreement with Fugro
- JFD begins restructuring process
- JFD secures multi million pound sat system contract
- Pelican Autumn 2016 released
- JFD LEXMAR is exhibiting at OSEA 2016
- NHC upgrade approved for reception of 24 man SPHLs
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture
- Portable HRF delivered to NHC
- JFD nominated for global export award
- JFD welcomes new Diving Technical Authority
- JFD is exhibiting at Subsea Expo 2017
- JFD HeliCom Matrix to be used in world-first experiment
- Visit JFD on stand 403 at Underwater Intervention 2017
- JFD Shortlisted in the HSBC Scottish Export Awards
- JFD and Wuhu Diving Equipment Factory joint venture secures first saturation diving system contract
- JFD undertakes successful NSRS exercise
- JFD exhibiting at Europoltech
- COBRA passes conformity assessment for CE marking
- JFD awarded significant contract with UK MOD Salvage and Marine Operations
- Pelican Spring 2017 released
- JFD at IMDEX
- Visit JFD at UDT 2017
- Sculptures pressure tested at JFD's National Hyperbaric Centre
- JFD prepares for final testing of two safety-advanced SPHLs
- Divulged Summer 2017 newsletter
- James Fisher Engineering & Technology Open Day
- Visit JFD at DSEI 2017
- Specialist hyperbaric welding trials completed at JFD’s NHC
Release date: 1 March 2017
JFD and Wuhu Diving Equipment Factory joint venture secures first saturation diving system contract
JFD, the world-leading subsea operations and manufacturing company and a part of James Fisher and Sons plc, is delighted to announce that its joint venture company, Wuhu Divex Diving Systems Limited has secured its first contract for a 300m saturation diving system for Shanghai Salvage.
The multi-million dollar contract awarded by Shanghai Salvage, is for the design and build of a mobile, 12-man, 300m saturation diving system, similar to a previous system supplied by JFD to the customer in 2009.
These mobile saturation systems can be quickly deployed on several vessels in the Shanghai Salvage fleet, and allow the company to execute salvage, subsea installation and intervention projects in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
This mobile saturation system award is a follow-on contract to the 500m saturation system contract which was awarded to JFD by Shanghai Salvage in December 2016. The multi-million pound contract covered the design and build of a 24-man saturation diving system capable of diving to depths of 500m which incorporated JFD’s advanced state-of-the-art technology.
JFD has enjoyed a ten year partnership with government–owned Shanghai Salvage and is delighted that this partnership is continuing through their joint venture Wuhu Divex Diving Systems Limited.
Wuhu Divex Diving Systems Limited was established in late 2016 between JFD and Wuhu Diving Equipment Factory and is dedicated to the manufacture of advanced diving systems for the Chinese market.
This joint venture allows JFD and Wuhu Diving Equipment Factory to grow together within the Chinese underwater arena. As both have extensive track records of designing, manufacturing and installing diving systems the partnership allows Wuhu Divex Diving Systems Limited to provide a strengthened comprehensive offering, demonstrated by this first contract win.
For further information contact: Marketing@jfdglobal.com