- JFD expands leadership team
- JFD wins multi-million pound lifeboat contract
- Visit JFD at UI 2016
- JFD launches COBRA
- JFD wins £193m Indian Navy contract
- JFD launches pioneering medial training course
- JFD exhibiting at UDT 2016
- JFD partners with Subtech for training courses
- JFD invests in popular course
- JFD committed to efficiency improvements
- NHC delivers successful Client Rep course in South Africa
- Specialist provider of diving equipment becomes part of JFD
- Pelican Summer 2016 released
- JFD launches new website
- NHC Training agreement with Fugro
- JFD begins restructuring process
- JFD secures multi million pound sat system contract
- Pelican Autumn 2016 released
- JFD LEXMAR is exhibiting at OSEA 2016
- NHC upgrade approved for reception of 24 man SPHLs
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture
- Portable HRF delivered to NHC
- JFD nominated for global export award
- JFD welcomes new Diving Technical Authority
- JFD is exhibiting at Subsea Expo 2017
- JFD HeliCom Matrix to be used in world-first experiment
- Visit JFD on stand 403 at Underwater Intervention 2017
- JFD Shortlisted in the HSBC Scottish Export Awards
- JFD and Wuhu Diving Equipment Factory joint venture secures first saturation diving system contract
- JFD undertakes successful NSRS exercise
- JFD exhibiting at Europoltech
- COBRA passes conformity assessment for CE marking
- JFD awarded significant contract with UK MOD Salvage and Marine Operations
- Pelican Spring 2017 released
- JFD at IMDEX
- Visit JFD at UDT 2017
- Sculptures pressure tested at JFD's National Hyperbaric Centre
- JFD prepares for final testing of two safety-advanced SPHLs
- Divulged Summer 2017 newsletter
- James Fisher Engineering & Technology Open Day
- Visit JFD at DSEI 2017
- Specialist hyperbaric welding trials completed at JFD’s NHC
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Come see JFD at DSEI!
- JFD demonstrates NATO Sub Rescue System during Dynamic Monarch
- COBRA passes trials to 450msw
- Visit JFD at Pacific 2017
- JFD Divex watch found at bottom of Indian Ocean!
- JFD is exhibiting at ADIPEC 2017
- 24-man HRF upgrade completed at NHC
- JFD advances state-of-the-art submarine rescue system build
News and press release archive
24-man HRF upgrade completed at NHC
JFD is delighted to announce the completion of an extension to its National Hyperbaric Centre in Aberdeen which enhances the Hyperbaric Reception Facility (HRF) capacity from 18 to 24-man. Alongside JFD’s internal hyperbaric medical expertise, this ensures the National Hyperbaric Centre remains one of the most capable fixed HRFs in the world.
JFD is significantly progressing with the build of its new advanced state-of-the-art 3rd Generation submarine rescue systems, ready for delivery to its customer in 2018. The 3rd Generation SRS has been developed by JFD to maximise the chances of successfully rescuing the crew of a distressed submarine (DISSUB) and is the culmination of over 30 years of rescue system operation and development, representing an optimum combination of capability and flexibility.
JFD is exhibiting at ADIPEC 2017
JFD is attending ADIPEC 2017 in Abu Dhabi from the 13th – 16th November. We will be positioned on the Scottish Development International Stand 120.
One of our Divex branded watches was recently found 175ft (53m) underwater on HMS Hermes, a sunken British warship off the East Coast of Sri Lanka.
Visit JFD at Pacific 2017
Come along to stand 1J19 from 3-5 October at the International Convention Centre in Sydney, where our experts will be on hand to discuss submarine escape and rescue, our range of swimmer delivery vehicles, saturation systems and our defence diving products.
JFD has recently taken part in a major international submarine rescue exercise, Dynamic Monarch ‘17, which required it to demonstrate the NATO Submarine Rescue System (NSRS) capability, as well as provide training on various elements of the system.
COBRA passes trials to 450msw
JFD is delighted to confirm that its new COBRA (Compact Bailout Rebreathing Apparatus) system has passed further trials rating it safe for use at depths up to 450msw.
Come see JFD at DSEI!
Come visit JFD at DSEI!
Pelican Summer 2017 released
The James Fisher and Sons Summer 2017 newsletter the Pelican, is released!