- JFD expands leadership team
- JFD wins multi-million pound lifeboat contract
- Visit JFD at UI 2016
- JFD launches COBRA
- JFD wins £193m Indian Navy contract
- JFD launches pioneering medial training course
- JFD exhibiting at UDT 2016
- JFD partners with Subtech for training courses
- JFD invests in popular course
- JFD committed to efficiency improvements
- NHC delivers successful Client Rep course in South Africa
- Specialist provider of diving equipment becomes part of JFD
- Pelican Summer 2016 released
- JFD launches new website
- NHC Training agreement with Fugro
- JFD begins restructuring process
- JFD secures multi million pound sat system contract
- Pelican Autumn 2016 released
- JFD LEXMAR is exhibiting at OSEA 2016
- NHC upgrade approved for reception of 24 man SPHLs
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture
- Portable HRF delivered to NHC
- JFD nominated for global export award
- JFD welcomes new Diving Technical Authority
- JFD is exhibiting at Subsea Expo 2017
- JFD HeliCom Matrix to be used in world-first experiment
- Visit JFD on stand 403 at Underwater Intervention 2017
- JFD Shortlisted in the HSBC Scottish Export Awards
- JFD and Wuhu Diving Equipment Factory joint venture secures first saturation diving system contract
- JFD undertakes successful NSRS exercise
- JFD exhibiting at Europoltech
- COBRA passes conformity assessment for CE marking
- JFD awarded significant contract with UK MOD Salvage and Marine Operations
- Pelican Spring 2017 released
- JFD at IMDEX
- Visit JFD at UDT 2017
- Sculptures pressure tested at JFD's National Hyperbaric Centre
- JFD prepares for final testing of two safety-advanced SPHLs
- Divulged Summer 2017 newsletter
- James Fisher Engineering & Technology Open Day
- Visit JFD at DSEI 2017
- Specialist hyperbaric welding trials completed at JFD’s NHC
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Come see JFD at DSEI!
- JFD demonstrates NATO Sub Rescue System during Dynamic Monarch
- COBRA passes trials to 450msw
- Visit JFD at Pacific 2017
- JFD Divex watch found at bottom of Indian Ocean!
- JFD is exhibiting at ADIPEC 2017
- 24-man HRF upgrade completed at NHC
- JFD advances state-of-the-art submarine rescue system build
- JFD completes build of first two SPHLs
- Submarine rescue skills put to the test
- Christmas shutdown dates 2017
- JFD presents at Golden Jubilee of Indian Submarine arm
- JFD providing vital submarine rescue expertise to the Indian Navy
- Pelican Winter 2017 released
- Divulged Winter 2017 newsletter
- JFD is exhibiting at Subsea EXPO 2018
- Visit JFD on stand 338 at Underwater Intervention 2018
- Visit us at OTC Asia 2018
- JFD completes harbour acceptance trials for DSRV
- Australian defence industry jobs created through acquisition
- JFD completes build of first 3rd Gen Submarine Rescue System
- JFD shortlisted as finalist at HSBC Scottish Export Awards 2018
- Visit JFD at DSA 2018
- JFD is exhibiting at Sea Air Space 2018
- See JFD at Defexpo 2018
- New equipment delivers Australia’s safest ever submarine rescue system
Release date: 12 April 2017
World first as JFD’s COBRA passes conformity assessment for CE marking making it the only approved system of its kind
JFD, the world-leading subsea operations and manufacturing company and a part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has successfully completed rigorous trials on its new COBRA (Compact Bailout Rebreathing Apparatus) system verifying its capability and performance to CE Mark status.
COBRA is the only commercial emergency rebreather system in the world to have been granted CE Marking status to NORSOK U101 (Diving Respiratory Equipment) and EN14143 (Self Contained Rebreathing Apparatus), leading the way in terms of safety and functionality.
COBRA was designed and developed by JFD in response to a crucial need for bailout technology which can support the depth requirements and excursion durations of new generation diving operations.
Norway pioneered new guidelines which stipulate that a diver must have a minimum of 10 minutes emergency breathing gas calculated at a breathing rate of 62.5 l/m which render open circuit bailout methods non-conforming at depths greater than 56m. The only two systems in the world which can satisfy these requirements are JFD’s Divex SLS and COBRA.
The Divex SLS has been sold globally by JFD for the past 20 years. In response to Diver feedback, JFD designed COBRA to further enhance the SLS technology creating a compact, easy to operate and maintain, mechanical system which can provide up to 45 minutes endurance. COBRA is the only system which can be tested any time by the diver, this is a step change compared with previous systems which once activated, could not be switched off.
Rigorous tests and trials have been undertaken throughout the development and CE marking assessment phases in order to assure performance under the most arduous conditions, environments and breathing requirements. The trials included measuring the work of breathing (WOB), testing operational parameters, resistance and endurance tests as well as pressure and environmental testing. As part of the CE Marking process, two days were spent testing COBRA using independent divers within the JFD dive tank pushing the kit to the required limits.
Successfully passing the assessment declares that COBRA meets the required safety, health and environmental standards to comply with EU legislation to the standard EN14143 and NORSOK U101.
JFD has received an extremely positive response to COBRA following recent seminars and events and has already sold a number of sets globally.
To sign up to receive all our bulletins and newsletters please click here