Updated date: 22 February 2021
Kirby Morgan Maintenance Technician Training
This course is designed to teach commercial divers, tenders and technicians how to perform routine maintenance, inspections and repair to Kirby Morgan helmets and band masks and instruct personnel in the KMDSI/Dive Lab recommended configuration and use of the equipment.
The training will be conducted at 54 Bushland Ridge, Bibra Lake WA
The training includes:
- Use of Kirby Morgan operational check lists
- Helmet and bandmask overhaul procedures
- How to properly log maintenance and repairs
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Face port insert inspection and testing
- Monthly helmet inspection procedure
- Daily pre/post dive procedures
Personnel will be instructed on how to correctly overhaul the demand regulator, side block and all associated helmet and band mask components and what repairs should only be performed by dealers or those with specialised training. This course was set up to enable companies, as well as freelance divers, to inspect, maintain, overhaul and perform most repairs using the manufacturers recommended procedures and guidelines.
The course does not teach face port insert replacement or fibreglass and gel coat repair. However, it does teach identification of insert and fibreglass damage and how and where to have repairs done. Upon completion, each participant will receive a certificate valid for three years for individual’s own equipment and/or the company or affiliate company’s equipment for which the individual works, as well as equipment belonging to other diving employees of the company as dictated by company policy.
Minimum of 4 students per course, maximum of 6. Students are expected to provide their own helmet/bandmask for demonstration purposes.
- Training for 3 days $1196.25 per person (includes certificate)
Please advise which helmet you’ll be providing for the course as soon as possible to allow time for course preparation.
Courses can be conducted on the client’s site, if preferred. A suitable training room will be required. Please advise if you would like a quotation.
The price is given in Australian dollars and excludes GST.
- Lunch will be provided each day. Please advise of any dietary limitations.
- PPE is to be worn each day. A brief site induction will be conducted on the first day.
- Reverse-parking is mandatory at our facility.
- Start time 0800 each day, unless otherwise advised by the trainer.
- Masks may have to be worn. This will be confirmed closer to the date.
Book now by emailing
Peta Swanson P.Swanson@jfdglobal.com