- JFD expands leadership team
- JFD wins multi-million pound lifeboat contract
- Visit JFD at UI 2016
- JFD launches COBRA
- JFD wins £193m Indian Navy contract
- JFD launches pioneering medial training course
- JFD exhibiting at UDT 2016
- JFD partners with Subtech for training courses
- JFD invests in popular course
- JFD committed to efficiency improvements
- NHC delivers successful Client Rep course in South Africa
- Specialist provider of diving equipment becomes part of JFD
- Pelican Summer 2016 released
- JFD launches new website
- NHC Training agreement with Fugro
- JFD begins restructuring process
- JFD secures multi million pound sat system contract
- Pelican Autumn 2016 released
- JFD LEXMAR is exhibiting at OSEA 2016
- NHC upgrade approved for reception of 24 man SPHLs
- JFD and Wuhu sign joint venture
- Portable HRF delivered to NHC
- JFD nominated for global export award
- JFD welcomes new Diving Technical Authority
- JFD is exhibiting at Subsea Expo 2017
- JFD HeliCom Matrix to be used in world-first experiment
- Visit JFD on stand 403 at Underwater Intervention 2017
- JFD Shortlisted in the HSBC Scottish Export Awards
- JFD and Wuhu Diving Equipment Factory joint venture secures first saturation diving system contract
- JFD undertakes successful NSRS exercise
- JFD exhibiting at Europoltech
- COBRA passes conformity assessment for CE marking
- JFD awarded significant contract with UK MOD Salvage and Marine Operations
- Pelican Spring 2017 released
- JFD at IMDEX
Release date: 24 April 2017
JFD awarded significant contract with UK MOD Salvage and Marine Operations
JFD, the world-leading subsea operations and manufacturing company and part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has been awarded a four year framework contract, worth up to £10 million, by the UK MOD Salvage & Marine Operations Team for the provision of subsea equipment and support.
The Salvage and Marine Operations (S&MO) Team owns and operates subsea equipment to fulfil a variety of tasks including salvage, towing, heavy lifting, operational moorings, port clearance and underwater engineering.
JFD will be responsible for the provision of spares, technical assistance for mobilisation, integration and repair of new equipment, offshore surveyor support, hire and supply of task specific tooling as well as logistics support during the four year contract.
The contract affords S&MO 24-hour, on-demand, access to JFD’s Engineering Support Cell, which combines sound engineering assurance with operational experience in order to provide a fully comprehensive technical support service.
To execute the project, JFD has teamed its expertise with specialists in high-resolution surveys of man-made structures, ADUS DeepOcean, who will provide personnel and equipment to conduct subsea surveys as well as case by case support as required.
Mark Lawrence, Manager at ADUS DeepOcean said “We are looking forward to working with JFD over the next 4 years following their successful bid to support the UK MOD Salvage & Marine Operations team. ADUS DeepOcean has a long history of wreck surveys in support of large scale international wreck removal & management projects and coupled with JFD’s extensive experience, we are confident that all elements of the contract will be delivered successfully.”
JFD will also be working with BMT Asset Performance, part of BMT Group, a leading international design, engineering, science and risk management consultancy during the execution of this contract. BMT will provide specialist technical advice, guidance and support for subsea projects and subsea equipment as and when required.
Baz Flower, Marketing & Sales Director at BMT Asset Performance, comments: “BMT has been successfully collaborating and partnering with JFD for over 10 years. Our organisation’s close working relationship and common values form the basis of providing S&MO with an agile service in the provision of industry recognised specialist advice.”
Giovanni Corbetta, Managing Director at JFD stated: “We are delighted to have been awarded this contract with S&MO, which is testament to our proven capability in subsea operations and manufacturing, and look forward to collaborating with two leading specialist companies to provide S&MO with the best service possible.”
To sign up to receive all our bulletins and newsletters please click here